Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Simplicity 2599

Today I learned how to post a pattern image and a link to the pattern website on my blog!  This is remedial blogging" for everyone else, but for me, it's a giant leap forward.  Instructions for this on the Google blogger website are easy to understand.  You have to understand that I made it almost all the way through college before computers were available mainstream.  I remember writing a term paper on an ancient Mac and printing it out on dot matrix paper!

Anyway, here's what I'm working on right now: Simplicity 2599:


I found a lovely sky-blue lightweight poly "jacquard" with a caramel/brown cheetah print.  As soon as I learn how to post photos - next on my list! - I'll post a photo.  I'm waffling between Views A and F.  I probably don't need extra ruffles on the bust area, but they're so pretty.  I'll probably go with F, but omit the bow.  That looks tough to wear under a jacket.  And, I'm pretty sure I'll add waist darts to give the body some shape.  From the pictures on Pattern Review, this looks like a very boxy top.  More later as I get going.  Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took some photos last night. They didn't come out great, so I have to get better at the photography side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found your blog through the signup for Faye's Over the Top challenge. I'm thinking of signing up for that, too. And I'm also a returning sewer, just started sewing again in the fall. The internet and blogging make it so much easier these days to stay motivated and keep learning new sewing techniques, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your post! I'm amazed at what I can learn from the internet. When I get stuck, I can usually find some guidance on the web. I don't know how many tops I'll make, but I thought it would be fun to participate. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete